October 28, 2010

I got Inked

 Earlier this summer I decided I wanted to get a tattoo.  A friend talked about wanting to get an additional tattoo and I immediately thought that I wanted one also.  I guess that means that I am a follower;)   I have one existing tattoo of a flower that I got about 12 years ago and I have always had a desire for an additional tattoo but I never felt passionate enough about anything to put it permanently on my body.  I found and embraced that passion this year.  

When I first thought about a tattoo I thought about getting something associated with Star Trek. The best thing I found was the insignia symbol on my boob.  Sexy huh.



Ohh...but I do kind of like this wrist thing.  Hmmmm....maybe my next one.

I began to think about my passion and how I would like to incorporate that into body art.  I started looking for bike tattoos that were feminine and that were not too utilitarian in style.  It took some time but I finally found some designs that I really liked.  After I chose the initial bike design I wanted to put something pretty around the bike. I found another tattoo that had some pretty leaf work and I considered merging the two designs into one tattoo.

The tattoo artist didn't especially like the "pretty" stuff I brought.  He decided he was going to stencil on the image of the bike and he then took creative licence with the vines and flowers.  This is the photo of him drawing the design on my leg.

Eeek...the needle has pierced my skin.


I think it was a good thing that I wasn't close enough to really see what he was doing.

Look at those delightful swirls.  It is coming along.

Look Look Look I got a new tattoo this week.   Isn't it pretty (I say this with a goofy smile on my face).

Thanks to Ems for taking all of these photos as well as Metamorphosis in Broad Ripple for having a great staff.

3 comments:

ems said...

Yay! I knew that if I kept taking pictures, you would end up with a few good ones :-) I love your tattoo and I'm so glad you're happy with it.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I love love love it.

Abra said...

Very beautiful! I love how unique it is and from the short time I have known you I really feel like it says Candy :)

RSS Subscribe