September 20, 2010

Meet Jadzia



I have a new kitten. Isn’t she precious. She is so cute and full of energy. She runs around the house with no fear and she thinks she is invincible. I have to wonder if this in innate in kittens or if I have worn off on her.
I got her a week and a half ago and she has dramatically increased my pet work time. She makes messes and needs constant attention. The very first night I took her home I was laying on my bed and she was sitting on my neck. She got up and walked across my chest and hopped off onto the bed. She got close to my side and I thought she was trying to cuddle with me. Not So! She decided that was a great place to take a shit. When she was done she hopped up on me and tried to get back on my neck. Let me point put that this wasn’t ordinary shit…it was diarrhea shit. Gross!!!!!!!

I picked her up and quickly got out of bed and I realized my shirt and hands were covered in kitten poo. I took us both to the bathroom and I sat her on the counter and I pulled off my shirt. I wiped my hands and I tried to wipe Jadzias feet and tail off. I had already decided that the shirt was going to be a causality to this situation. I turned on the water to rinse off my hands and that damn kitten wondered off and fell off the counter on the side by the toilet to where the cleaning supplies are kept. Eeek..little Jadzia was fragile and I was worried that she was hurt. Then I noticed the shit on the wall and toilet and floor. The mess was getting worse and not better. BTW…she was fine. Apparently, she is ok with falling 3 feet.

I managed to get her and I cleaned up and I walked over to my bed to assess the situation. It was disgusting. By the way I was reading a book when this occurred and it suffered some damage. Since I was really enjoying the book I decided to try and clean the pages in lieu of tossing it. I picked it all up and donned a clean shirt as I didn’t think my roommate would appreciate the topless look and headed off to the washer. The roommate found this situation hysterical and couldn’t stop laughing. I guess it was the look of disgust on my face. I only have two sets of sheets for my bed, winter flannel sheets and regular sheets. I had to make do with the hot flannel sheets for the night. Shortly thereafter Jadzia got relegated to the bathroom for my evening sleep.

The next day when I got home Jadzia was so happy to see me. She kept squeaking and meowing and saying Hi. I had put her on a cat milk supplement and I soaked her food in it to soften it up to make it easier for her to eat. I sat it down and she ate half of it and a bit later I realized that Sparks had helped himself to what she didn’t eat. Big Fing mistake!!! About an hour or so later I went back to my room to get something I saw a vomit trail. Apparently the kitties milk was just a tad too rich for Spark’s tummy and he vomited everywhere. The floor and my BED! Seriously, my bed was defiled for the second time in two days. Plus I had just removed the sheets from the dryer. At least I could remove the hot flannel sheets from my bed. Everything went into the laundry and the floor was cleaned with the mini carpet cleaner.

Apparently, I am not able to learn my lesson. The next day I gave Jadzia her milk and food and again left her unattended and Sparks had himself a feast. And again he vomited on my bed and floor. At this point I felt like I was living in a hotel and I was the maid as I had to change my bed so many times. Seriously, I couldn’t keep the sheets clean. Thankfully, that was the last vomit incident and things have quieted down a bit at my house. Everyone is getting along well and we are all existing in peace and harmony.

That is until Jadzia uses my nose as a ladder to my head with her claws. Damn that hurt!

2 comments:

Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moore said...

OK, it is official...I cannot have a kitten. All I've ever had were outdoor cats. I'm going to have to keep it that way. By the way, what the heck kind of milk was it that the grown cat couldn't drink without getting sick?

RSS Subscribe