July 31, 2013

Sausage

Shit. I accidentally ate meat today. As a payday treat I stopped by McDonald's for breakfast this morning and I ordered the new Egg White Delight McMuffin without the Canadian bacon and a large coffee. I got my food and headed out on the highway. I was still fuzzy from sleep and my coffee was to hot to drink so I ate my hash-brown first and enjoyed the delicious crispy potatoey taste. Then I unwrapped my sandwich and began to eat it mindlessly. About halfway through I looked down and saw I was eating a sausage McMuffin. I thought for a minute and decided "in for a penny in for a pound". I shrugged my shoulders and finished off my sandwich.

The interesting thing was I didn't discover the sandwich mistake by taste. I just took bites and chewed and chewed and chewed. Apparently, I wasn't tasting the sandwich. Just eating. I'll have to remember this incident and be more careful in the future.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe