December 12, 2011

Empathy

I received a call from my BF last week to tell me that her boyfriend had been in a car accident.  She told me a bit about it and then she told me a story of her reaction to the emergency.  During the entire conversation I was very upset and worried for her boyfriend.  While we were talking she met up with him for dinner and she had him talk to me on the phone.  He told me the story of the accident, which was horrible, and it caused me to be very concerned for him.  That caused me to have gigantic crocodile tears running down my face while we talked.


He had no idea I was crying while we were talking but he did mention to my friend that I sounded unusually concerned for him, a stranger, on the phone.

I should mention that I have never met the boyfriend and I have only talked to him twice on the phone. 

Um...weird reaction...I have no idea why I had such a surge of concern for him.


Emotions are strange creatures!

No comments:

RSS Subscribe