August 28, 2008

Bad Luck

Do you ever get tired of bad things happening to you? Today I came home from work early and I arrived home about 5:30pm. I was excited with all the time I had in the evening to do chores, read and basically enjoy myself. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way. When I stepped into the kitchen I noticed a puddle of water on the floor in front of the fridge. I got a cloth to clean it up and noticed water dripping down the front from the water dispenser area. I opened the freezer and it wasn't cold and everything was melted. I was thinking to myself "Why did this have to happen to me?". The machine was making a weird noise every time the compressor tried to turn on. When I opened the cold item side everything appeared to be sufficiently chilled. I think I was delusional because I just opened it up and everything is getting warmer. I cleaned up the area and then went to look for the paperwork on the unit. I purchased it four years ago in June and I was happy to discover that I had purchased the five year warranty. I called up the Best Buy warranty division and after speaking to the customer service person for 15 minutes she told me that they could have a service tech at my house next Friday, September 5. I politely explained to her that I couldn't possible go that long without my refrigerator working. The customer service person said I had two options, I could hold for a router tech to see if they could get me in sooner or I could leave a message and someone would get back with me in two business days. Since Monday is the holiday two business days would be next Tuesday, so I chose the first option. Every 3 or 4 minutes she would come back on the phone to see if I wanted to leave a message. But as I had committed to holding, I took care of several chores, made my lunch for tomorrow and used my time wisely. About the time I was ready to give up holding the routing clerk finally came back to the phone. This was 1 hour and 36 minutes into the conversation. She said that there weren't any repairmen working on Friday but she could get someone here on Saturday. She would try to follow up tomorrow but it didn't look good. I just don't understand why these things always happen at once. Didn't I pay my dues last week with all of the dental work I have had done. This might not cost me cash but it uses up my valuable time and all of my patience. The only good thing is that the spoiled food is also covered under the warranty. I just have to make a list of each item and include the approximate cost. Then I have to mail the refund request to the warranty department. I am just over IT!

BTW...I had already expensed my patience at the Nissan dealership today talking to a rude customer service person about a recall item on my car. Don't they know that I have to spend some time at work?

No comments:

RSS Subscribe