August 27, 2008

Health Foods

After spending considerable time with my healthy friends this weekend I had decided to give up artificial sweetener. I have read multiple articles about how bad it is for you and I decided I could do this one good thing for myself. When I went to the grocery store last night I bought regular sugar filled pop for the first time in at least eight years. This was quite different than my usual behavior of always drinking diet coke. When I got to work today I popped open my 12oz regular coke and enjoyed the wonderful taste of real sugar. I was feeling pretty good with myself until about an hour ago. My head started getting real thick and a headache was forming behind my eyes. This is my punishment for not drinking my customary morning 44 oz diet coke. I think my body is not reacting well to this change. I don’t want to drink more regular coke because of the calories so I filled up my water bottle with ice and water and added a on-the-go pack of lemonade. I was feeling good with my decision until I realized that the main ingredient in this calorie free drink is aspartame! What was I thinking? I can’t go an entire day without having artificial sweeteners. What else can I drink besides water? Perhaps tomorrow I will be more successful in this new endeavor.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe