April 27, 2010

Giant Spider Attack

Ewww…look at that giant spider.

Sunday morning I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth after my shower, when I looked down I saw this GIANT HAIRY SPIDER sitting atop my deodorant.  I freaked out.  I mean FREAKED OUT.  I rushed out of my room to the kitchen to ask (yell) at the roommate for help.  I was like, “Please roommate, please come and kill the scary spider”.  She gave me a look of disdain and said that she didn’t like spiders either.  After a minute or two of coaxing (whining) I got her to agree to come to my room and view the beast.  She was anticipating a daddy longlegs, therefore she was surprised and a bit freaked out when she saw the giant arachnid facing us. 

During this entire encounter I was only wearing a purple towel and my mouth was full of orange toothpaste as I was afraid to use the sink to rinse my mouth or my toothbrush.  It was entirely too close to the beastie.

The roommate finally suggested that we use some bug killer to spray him and the when he was sufficiently dead she would be willing to dispose of the corpse.  Calmness entered my body.  We had a solution.  I happened to have the bottle of bug spray in my bathroom and I sufficiently covered the area inhabited by the spider.  He tried to run away, but I wasn’t going to tolerate him roaming the house so I gave him a couple extra douses of poison. 

Finally! He was DEAD! Really really Dead!

PS...sorry about the bad photo quality.  This is what happens when I know I have a good story but I am also afraid;)

4 comments:

ems said...

Uh uh. No way. I do NOT do spiders. Had this happened to me, I would have tried the cat first. She's an expert spider killer. But if she wasn't in the mood, I'm sure it would have resulted in a screeching phone call to the boy, demanding that he come over and kill it.

(This is where z breathes a sigh of relief that I have the boy, and he is spared 7:00am spider-killing calls.)

zlionsfan said...

I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be answering my phone at that hour if I knew it might be only for a spider.

Candace, please tell me that you did not spray bug spray all over your stuff, nor in a place where the cat would normally be ...

Unknown said...

hmmmmm....all over my stuff is a vague term. I sprayed an amount to sufficiently kill the spider but not harm Sparks.

ems said...

You know, in a pinch, hairspray also works. My ex roommate (who always had hairspray on hand) and I were never really sure if the hairspray actually killed the spider, or if it just froze him in place long enough to scoop him up with a piece of paper and flush him. But either way it works in a pinch.

(The scenario above was always accompanied by much screaming.)

Also, I've been using bug spray around my doors and windows for YEARS with my cat and dogs. I've yet to see adverse effects. Sparks will be just fine.

RSS Subscribe