April 16, 2010

T-Ball Memories



OMG isn't this picture cute!

This is Lou and I on the D&D Carpet Cleaning T-Ball team when I was in the 2nd grade.  Actually, Lou was the bat boy. I am sure you can probably guess where I am located in this photo, but I will tell you anyway. I am the 4th girl from the left in the front row. Look at me holding the glove like I don't know what I am doing (I didn't)!  I believe the year was 1982 and I was in the second grade, so I think that makes me 7 or 8.

Now the weird part. I was on facebook last night and I was looking at a FB friend of my sisters whom I am not FB friends with. Immediately this picture caught my eye as I remembered the picture and I knew I was in it. I was shocked and wondered why this photo was on his page. When I began to look at the details I realized that this person wasn't in the photo. How odd! I am sure he knows someone who is in it. He wasn't the owner of the photo so when I tried to tag myself and Lou it sent a request to the owner.

I don't really have that many memories of being on this team. What I do remember is being at a game and being off to the side talking to my dad and showing him my knowledge and skills and then getting in trouble from the coach for not paying attending. That was nothing new.

The guy on the FB page noted that our team came in 2nd place that year.  Woot!  It was like we were the Bad News Bears.

I only participated in one other team sport growing up and that was basketball in the 5th grade. Again my memories of this activity are fairly dim but this is what I remember. I remember having practice after school and it being cold and having to walk home in the dark. I think we lived about a mile or so from the school. I also remember being at a practice and being to the side talking to my friends and showing them a pair of black high heel shoes I had in my bag. Again, I got into trouble and I was made to do extra calisthenics for my bad behavior.  I believe that this was the end of my interest in sports.



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture is funny. It is really cute. Who is the coach? How in the world did he do it? I mean, 2nd graders don't know baseball. He must of had alot of patience!

AL

RSS Subscribe