March 31, 2010

I'm Sad Tonight,

because I miss Mickey.


The roommate came home tonight and told me a very interesting story.  She said her daughter was driving her home a couple days ago and  as they were rounding a corner in my community they saw a cat sitting in a neighbors window.  They pulled in the driveway and shined their bright lights in as they peered into the upstairs window.  They couldn't tell if it was him for sure, but the cat bore a resplendence to Mickey.

Tonight, when they told me this story I showed them some pictures of Mickey on my computer and they couldn't tell if it was him or not.  When the daughter was driving home she called the roommate and told her the cat was in the window as she drove by.  We decided to go for a walk and investigate.  I pulled on some jeans and flip flops and we were soon walking down the block.  Since the disappearance, I have always thought that Mickey was dead so I was cautious to not put too much hope in my heart as I walked the two blocks.

The roommate told me some stories of her day as we were walking but all I could think was, "What if Mickey is really alive and living with the neighbors?"  We arrived at the house and the front window shades were open and there was light in the room but no cat.  We walked slowly down the sidewalk in hopes of seeing the mysterious Mickey look-a-like.  We rounded the corner and continued looking for glimpses of a cat in their side windows.  When we reached the end of the house we could see more open windows in the back yard and viola there was a cat sitting in the window. We squinted at the open window about 75 feet away to verify the identity of the cat.  I considered walking into their yard for a better look, but I decided that was a bit creepy.  However, I was tempted. The end result was that  it wasn't Mickey.  Even from the distance I could tell that the cat didn't have enough white fur on his face.

So I am sad tonight and my hopes of a reunion with cute little Mickey are dashed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are super funny. It’s funny, I was just talking with P this morning about Mickey. She was sure the cat was black and white. I tried to convince her that the cat was grey and white but she didn’t believe me. I guess she has her moms selective memory.

Lou

RSS Subscribe