March 11, 2010

You be the Judge

The roommate sent me an email today, asking if I would drive her to the evil retailer after work to pick up some auto related items.  I replied yes and I inquired about Sparks.  She replied that Sparks must be in my room all cozy and sleeping as she hadn't seen him all day.

After work I scooped up Joanne and while we were driving she told me the following story.

After my email she decided she would go and find Sparks to give him a little love from me.  She looked in my room and didn't see him sleeping on my bed.  She then entered my room and went to the bed and patted around thinking he was asleep under the covers.   She didn't locate him and went back to the living room.  She then mentioned that her friend came over that day to take a look at her car and she was sure Sparks didn't escape out the door while they were coming in and out. 

She said that she sat in the kitchen for a few minutes and then began to worry about Sparks.  What if he did go out the door?  She began to throughly search the house.  In the living room, under the couches, on top of the cabinets, in her bathroom closet, in the spare room.  He was no where to be found.  She then checked my room again.  She checked under my bed, under my couch, and in my bathroom. 

At this point in the story I laughed and said that I often find him sleeping in my closet.  She said she checked in there and she didn't see him.  She said she found his treat bag and walked around shaking it while calling his name.  He was nowhere to be found.  She then went outside and walked around the house shaking the bag.  He had disappeared.  She said she contained the search for 45 minutes using a variety of techniques and she began to panic.  She said she almost sent me another email but she didn't want me to worry.

She checked the spare room for a second time and when she came back in the living room he was sitting in the middle of the floor grooming himself.    She never knew where he went and why he reappeared but she was glad that the missing cat scare was over.

Do you think she invaded my privacy by checking my room?
Do you think she this is how Mickey disappeared?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on this………………I think she should have told you she was hunting for Sparks and asked you if you wanted her to search your bedroom. At that point she didn’t have to worry you, just tell you she was looking for him. But then I was raised in a family of 5 kids and we were taught not to enter each others’ bedroom unless we had permission.

Just my opinion. Glad Sparks is okay.

LL

Anonymous said...

She knows more than she is saying about Mickey, which is why there was such concern for Sparks. As for the bedroom, if I had a roommate who was not a friend, it would have a deadbolt.

zlionsfan said...

I think the best I can do is to say that it's good that Sparks is safe and that you seriously need to boost your income to the point where you no longer need a roommate.

ems said...

I'm torn. On the one hand, I definitely would not deadbolt my room. If I had a roommate that wasn't a friend, I would be extra careful what I left out. And it's not like she was rifling through your drawers or anything... she was looking for your cat. You didn't have anything personal sitting out, did you?

On the other hand, it's not like you go in HER room. And it's not like you want some stranger in your room.

I'm with zlionsfan. Fix it so that you don't need a roommate anymore.

Unknown said...

I leave my room open each day and I don't leave anything I don't want seen by someone else sitting out. I wouldn't want to live in my house feeling like I have to deadbolt my door.

I still don't feel like I have any trust issues with the roommate, because if Sparks was really gone I would want her to look everywhere for him.

In the near future I am going to work on a long term financial plan that doesn't include a roommate. I am sure it will take some time.

RSS Subscribe