February 14, 2011

I Lost My Belt

I don’t know how.  It was just missing.  I went into my closet this morning and it wasn’t where it should have been.  See…if I don’t put something back in its rightful spot I have a hard time locating it later.  So my belt is probably two feet from its normal home, but I couldn’t find it this morning.

So because I couldn’t find my normal belt I had to use my old belt.  I had the old belt forever and as I put it on it smacked me in the face as to why I had to replace it.  It was to big.  It fit on the furthest hole but the areas by the first and second holes have significant wear. 

This realization made me so happy.  I often forget how far I have come.  I just think of myself as overweight and the goal to being small and fit is unmanageable.  As a matter of fact I had a conversation with Ems in the gym a few weeks ago because she thought I have a warped body image.  There was a large person in front of us and I told her I thought I looked like that person.  She was all NO…That person is way larger than you.  I just didn’t see it.

So today it makes me happy to wear my old belt and see the evidence of my progress.  Go ME! FYI…I may forget this lesson tomorrow but for today I am happy.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe