April 10, 2011

Sad

I received some sad news Friday evening.  I found out that my brothers ex-wife's mother passed away last week.  I know that sounds like a very loose bond, but it wasn't.  My brother was married to his ex for about ten years (Ok...I cannot remember exactly;) and we spent many holidays and ordinary Sundays together.

Sis was very generous and always greeted me with a hug, even when I didn't want one.  She welcomed me into her family and she treated me as a family member.  I missed her when she moved to Florida and embraced retirement.

A few years ago Lou took the children to Florida to visit their grandparents over Christmas break and I was invited to go along.  It was a great long weekend.  They took excellent care of us and treated us like family, even thought my brother was already divorced from their daughter.

This isn't from the trip to Florida.
I always thought very fondly of both of them and when I heard the news of her death on Friday I got very upset.  I was on a weekend trip with my two nieces and I had a very hard time putting on my cheery face.  Sis was often on my mind.  I found myself remembering her and getting teary eyed over her death. 


Sis, I will miss you.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe