May 23, 2009

Dogs and Soccer

I went to the White River Christen Church this morning to see Sarah, Paige and Taylor play in their weekly soccer match. They were very cute running around on the field and playing the game. The three girls play on two different teams. Sarah and Taylor on one, and Paige on the other. During the second game while Sarah and Taylor were playing, Paige was making friends with the family sitting next to us on the field. It was a mom, dad, six children and two dogs. The family was very nice and friendly, as is Paige. At one point Paige asked the mom who was her favorite president. I was shocked...why would the six year old ask such a loaded question. She responded George W. Bush. Now I was double shocked that she actually answered the question and by her response. I don't hear too many people admit to liking GWB as well as elaborating on the question. It was a rather interesting conversation.
The second part of this is about their dogs. They had the most adorable dog and it was a Maltese. I have never heard of this breed and I have never seen one in person, but he was SUPER CUTE! He was six months old and only 3.5 lbs. I wanted to take him home with me. I don't think I have ever liked a dog as much before. But the dog thought fades quickly since I am never at home. Upon further consideration I do have Joanne and I bet she would love to help me take care of a cute dog.
I did some quick research online and the average price is $1000. I don't think I could allow myself to purchase an animal for that much money. It seams obscene. But I guess you never know where impulse will take you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

candy those does are wonderful and cute. Get one!


AL

Anonymous said...

Always go with mutts they are the healthiest. The ones that are bred tend to have more health problems and I am always pushing the rescue side of dogs if you ever decide you want to get one. You let me know.


GH

ems said...

Do NOT pay that much money for a dog. You can rescue one that is just as cute and probably free! (since you know me of course :-)

RSS Subscribe