May 26, 2009

Food Responsibility

I took a small step in food responsibility today. I had plans with several friends (the several turned out to be two because some people canceled) to go and see the new "Angels and Demons" movie on Tuesday evening. I have been feeling fairly poor since I have returned from my European trip and I have been trying to spend responsibility. So when I was planning for Tuesday on Monday evening, I packed my breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I ate the hot food at work for lunch so I could heat it up and I took my turkey sandwich, Doritos and Sprite inside of my purse and ate them while I watched the movie. Two snaps for me for trying to be more money and food conscious. I don't have the ability to do this every day but at least it was a step in the right direction. I am glad that my movie going companions were not embarrassed by my picnic.

Beware...expect more of this frugal behavior in the future!

5 comments:

ems said...

To be fair....I never really cancelled. Once plans were finalized, I realized that they didn't fit in with my week and thus I could not attend. That doesn't count as cancelling. I don't think I was ever 100% yes... :-P

Anonymous said...

Good for you and two more snaps from ghuff.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Exactly which purse did you take? Was the theatre crowded such that the stranger sitting next to you may have been thinking... "hmm..."? hahaha Good times indeed! Snaps to you for saving money, though. I too am trying my hardest. I have forgone the usual every-six-weeks hair cut for two months now. It seems it was a smart move now that gas prices are creeping up.

Later! : )
BK

Anonymous said...

You are so good. Love the new attitude girlfriend. I am trying to exercise more and eat better. Struggle a bit but I'll get there. We have to motivate each other.

NE

zlionsfan said...

Any progress is good progress (although there is an interesting discussion here about that, particularly with respect to money), especially when it comes to not buying food in a movie theater. It's not as much of a ripoff as what I understand cigarette machines in a bar to be, but it's up there.

RSS Subscribe