September 25, 2009

Right Place at the Right Time

I was sitting in the lunch room today minding my own business and reading the paper when a co-worker started a conversation with me. We talked about the new wellness challenge that should start in October and various other topics. She was eating a pitch-in lunch with about five other women from my company and we all engaged in conversation.

All of a sudden one of them asks me if I want to join them. I was confused as I was finished with my lunch and I was on my way back to work. She begins to explain to me that she goes to a gym in Broadripple and utilized a trainer there once a week. She then told me she has decided to get a group of people together to do some group personal training with her trainer once a week in the basement of a local church. I was completely surprised by this announcement. I think she thought she had sent me this information and that was why I was in the lunch room, but the email was not sent to me. It was just a coincidence.

The trainer arrives a few minutes later to talk to us about what to expect. He was beautiful! Why are so many of the trainers beautiful? He had a big wide smile and a inviting face. He was wearing a shirt that said “Look’s Good Naked”. I suspect that he does and is proud of it. He told us that we will meet once a week on Monday nights at 5:30 for an hour and the cost is $75 for the month of personal training. Basically, that is $20 a week. I am currently paying $40 for a thirty minute session once a week. Hmmmm…So I pay double for half the time.

He instructed us to bring some light hand weights, 3 to 5 lbs. A group member stated that she didn’t have any weight and could she bring some canned food as a substitute. He gave her a look and told her she needed to bring some weights in. He also said that you could get used equipment at Play it Again Sports for about a $1 per weight. That sounds like a good idea to me.

What a deal. I wanted to be able to do training two days a week and this is how I can make that happen for myself. I am so glad that I ate my lunch in the break room today. I don’t think I would have encountered this opportunity without being in the right place at the right time.

2 comments:

ems said...

I have some 5 lb weights if you would like to purchase them for the whopping cost of "coming to my house and picking them up."

Good for you!! I hope this ends up working out. The eye candy certainly doesn't hurt when you're low on motivation that day :-)

Candace said...

I would love to relocate the weights from your house to mine. Thanks!

RSS Subscribe