September 29, 2009

One of my Rare “Girly Moments”

I was invited to a friend’s house for a party on Saturday night. I was excited to go and I thought I should take some time to pay special attention to my appearance for once, so I decided to wear this new skirt I had purchased the week before. This skirt has special significance as it is the only such item currently in my wardrobe. I don’t normally purchase skirts because I don’t like the way they look on me but when I saw the skirt, it immediately appealed to me. It was denim (of course) and has some cute little flares at the bottom. When I purchase clothes I don’t buy them unless I think they look good on me, and viola it did. In comparison, I tried on at least 20 (this is not an exaggeration) shirts and only ended up purchasing four of them.

After showering on Saturday I knew I wanted to wear the skirt but I wasn’t sure what to put with it. BTW…I had to shave my legs for the second time that day just to wear this item. I stood in my closet for a few minutes and pulled out a plain black sweater. I put it on and walked around for a bit. Then I went to the closet and tried on a pair of shoes. I am the type of person who likes to ALWAYS wear socks, so I wasn’t digging the healed Mary Jane’s without socks. Then I thought that I could wear my black tights…as I walked around I was already hot in the sweater so I discarded the shoes, tights and sweater.

I was almost naked again and I still needed to put the outfit together from scratch. I again looked in my closet for a magic shirt that wasn’t in there and I finally settled on a grey short sleeve sweater that has cute white puffed sleeves. I was beginning to like the outfit but, I was back to the shoe issue. I tried on a pair of brown clogs but they didn’t match…then I decided the best option was my black Sketchers without socks. I assure you, the no sock thing bothered me the entire evening.

Then I had to think about the jewelry. I put on my favorite necklace and it has several colors so I had to be careful when choosing my earrings. I usually wear my diamonds but I need new backs for them so they were out of the mix. After much indecision I decided upon my black pearl earrings that I purchased when I was in China. I think they fit in well with my shirt and necklace.

As I was getting ready to leave I looked back at my bedroom and realized that I have made a horrendous mess. There were shoes everywhere and dis-guarded shirts and tights on the couch. Is this the routine that girls normally go through when they get dressed? If so, it sucks. I am glad that I am normally a decisive person and I can go into my closet and come out dressed quickly. The best thing is that I usually match! I know that is the normal routine for many women but it was decidedly abnormal for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL
Don't feel bad. I do the same thing all the time. I may be more girly than you. HAHA

NE

Moore said...

Welcome to my life! The outfit was cute, but I didn't even notice the jewelry because the skirt was such a departure from what you normally wear.

RSS Subscribe