September 8, 2009

Nightmare's

Recently I have quite a succession of nightmares. I don't know what is going on, but I am sick of these vivid and unsettling dreams. I was talking to a friend about this over the weekend and she thought it might be related to my medication. I have been taking Allegra D for some time and I recently changed to regular Allegra. Could that be the cause?

These are two examples from my recent nightmare's. BTW...the reason that I classify them as nightmare's is because I wake up upset and very unsettled. I am not sure they are what most people would consider a nightmare.

Monday Night's Dream

I went to a co-workers house because I had nowhere to live and no possessions. He lived in extreme poverty and when I arrived he was working on making a makeshift roof with some plywood. I tried to encourage him that the roof needed shingles to no avail. His house had no indoor plumbing so we had to shower in the backyard with the garden hose. This was a cold and unpleasant task. I had no cloths so I had to wear his cloths and all of J's cloths were dirty. So I had to wear his dirty cloths. (YUCK!) We got into his old beat up car that was stuffed full of crap and it had holes in the floor to go-to some high school dance.

The setting of this dream was very grim and depressing. I was quite upset and out of sorts when I woke up.

Saturday Night's Dream

I dreamed about NM this night. I was at her house in the country, apparently she lived on a farm and we got into a giant fight. We were yelling at each other and in each others faces. I stormed out and went back to the trailer park shack I was living in with Lou. This place was a dump and a horrible living situation which is why I was staying with NM.

Then all of a sudden the dump burned down. Since we were now homeless Lou moved in with Nicole, but I refused to go due to our fight and I ended up homeless. The setting in this dream was very grim and depressing at the trailer. Think about the movie "8 Mile" for the trailer, but the setting at Nicole's house was all butterflies and rainbows.


I feel that most of these dreams were revolving around me living poverty. Why is this occurring so often. I don't feel like I am upset about anything special in my life right now. I am not in danger of losing my house and I think my job is "fairly" secure. At the very least I made it through the first round of layoffs.

Does anyone have any insight? I am tired of waking up being so upset!

3 comments:

Moore said...

As we discussed, I believe the medicine is causing the vividness and your ability to remember the dreams, but not necessarily the content. Apparently, we dream all of the time, but only some of us recall ours. You might try reducing your dosage. Also, if it were me, I'd find a dream analysis book.

Anonymous said...

Sounds crazy!! I wonder why I was in your dreams? Maybe your mind is telling you to save and conserve??


Lou

zlionsfan said...

Maybe the poverty your subconscious fears is not financial.

RSS Subscribe