August 30, 2010

Conversation with Sparks after Book Club

S: Dude! Did that really just happen?

C: (Innocent sounding) What?

S: The last five minutes of pure torture!

C: Um…..I guess it did.

S: When I was hiding under the bed, why would you poke at me with that long stick?

C: Cause I needed to get to you.

S: When I hide under the bed it means…STAY AWAY FROM ME!

S: When you pushed me out from under the bed with that dumb long stick I quickly got under the couch. Why couldn’t you just leave me there?

C: Again…I needed to get you.

S: Then this strange lady starts to poke at me and the only place I have left to hide is the bathroom. I know that was a weak place to hide but that was all I had left. There were tall people everywhere. Why were they in my room.

C: They were there to try and help me clip your nails.

S: (Most disdainful voice) I do not NEED assistance with my personal grooming. I am fully grown. I don’t see anyone clipping your nails.

C: That is because I have opposable thumbs and I can hold the clippers.

S: I know the bathroom was a weak place to hide, but why did you pick me up and hand me over to the mean lady.  Wasn't she was the one who poked me with needles last month? I don’t like here and I NEVER want her in my room again.

C: She was helping. She snuggled with you real nice while A trimmed your nails.

S: I do not call that snuggling. That was suffocation.

C: Look at how nice your back paws look. They did a great job. I know there is one nail that didn’t get cut but that just gives you character.

S: I guess I will have to rub that on the side of the leather couch until it matches my other nails. (Revengeful meows escape)

3 comments:

zlionsfan said...

And here I thought he was going to complain about being carted around the room as if he were at an auction ...

Unknown said...

I imagine he didn't much care for that either. But, at least I didn't cart him around for children as that would have sent him over the edge.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute and creative too. Hope he is happy now.

LL

RSS Subscribe