August 9, 2010

RIP Frank

I have some sad news.  My pet gerbil Frank died last Friday.  I was very upset most of the day and I wanted to give him a proper burial.  Since my schedule is always so busy I thought it would be necessarily to leave work at 3:00pm on Friday afternoon so I would have time to observe his final wishes.  He wanted his ashes scattered amongst the fields near my house.  So I wanted to leave work and ride my bike around the countryside near my house to give Frank his final respects.

You know what?  My boss said NO!  I couldn't leave work to give Frank his due respect.  Methinks my boss has no feelings or compassion.

I thought for a few minutes and then I told him this story:

Boss, my grandparent died in a car crash. While my boyfriend was driving, because he swerved and hit a bus full of orphans while trying to avoid a herd of penguins crossing the street.

It’s too outlandish to be false, right?

Apparently, I become a creative liar when I want to ride my bike.  (Que Queen please)

1 comment:

Justin W. said...

So you burned your dead pet and scattered his ashes...that is shrekin' sick!

RSS Subscribe