December 15, 2010

Gym Nakedness

So...I have been going to a particular full service gym for a few months and I have really enjoyed their expansive amenities.  But in the semi-privacy of the woman's locker room some of these women are fairly free with their bodies.

1.  I like to use the steam room.  It smells good and it is relaxing.  There is one aspect that isn't relaxing and it is the naked woman doing yoga poses.  Yes...she is completely naked moving her body in various yoga poses while I am siting in the steam room.   I don't get it.  Why do you need to make a spectacle of yourself.  Keep a towel around you.  I don't need to see so much of you.

2.  Naked talking.  I was getting dressed the other day and this women saw me wearing my new Jingle Bell Run T-shirt and she began to talk to me about it.  Yes...she was totally nude.  I didn't know where to look.  She proceeded to get dressed as we were talking and she did some "personal" things.  Like things I will not mention in this blog.  But personal...you know...while we were talking.  Ewww.  Where the hell are your boundaries?  During our conversation she mentioned that she was a nurse so maybe the profession explains it.

3.  Sometimes the opposite of this occurs.  I am naked and someone tries to talk to me.  Can't that wait until I have armored myself with my underwear?  I assure you anything you want to say to me can wait until then.  It doesn't take long. 

I don't think that I am overly shy about nakedness but there has to be some social etiquette that these people are missing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. I think that people like me don't give too much thought to it...probably the nurse/medic in me. I have ripped and cut off so many people's clothing and that is just at work LOL. I think it is appropriate to either make eye contact or continue getting dressed as you were. We all have beautiful bodies and I think we are trained to be ashamed and not flaunt it. I have spent my fair share of time in the men's locker room-wrestling manager for many years and I can assure you they don't think twice about walking around everywhere stark naked.

GH

Abra said...

I feel like I need to know what these "personal" things were that she did while getting dressed - I'm one of those people completely unaffected by nakedness however I can't really think of any "personal" things that I would need to do while getting dressed

Moore said...

Actually, it bothers me too. Thankfully, few naked women try to talk to me there...but when they do I turn away and act like I'm looking for something in my locker.

RSS Subscribe