December 1, 2010

Why am I acting like such a dork?

So…do you remember this story I wrote in July? NO? It was where I went to see a production of Anne that highlighted my three nieces. I saw a guy I briefly dated the prior year and I got scared and tried to hide. I wasn’t successful and I ended up talking to him at the very end of the evening.

Guess What? I have to go back there. Damn!!! My niece and nephew are in a ballet production at the same location this weekend. I have to go. Right? I know he will be there. He has a side job recording shows at this theatre.

I know he will be there so I REALLY don’t want to go. Seriously! I have thought of about 1000 excuses as to why I cannot attend either performances and they are all lame. It would hurt the children’s feelings if I didn’t show up. I don’t want to do that but……

The thing is I cannot figure out why? Why do I have such an aversion to seeing this person. I don’t care about him but it still freaks me out.

So I know this is crazy and I should go to the show. But I can think of 10 other horrible things I would rather do than see this guy again.

1. Pick the dead lice out of the children’s hair.
2. Run for an hour.
3. Use the same towel for two weeks
4. Eat only mushrooms for a month.
5. Have my music erased from my iPod and replaced with contemporary Country artists.
6. Have five additional roommates just like the current one.
7. Wear the same clothes for a week.
8. Switch to Diet Pepsi.
9. Only read murder mystery books in 2011.
10. Watch General Hospital every day.


See…this aversion is very strong.

Fine…I will go but I hope little P and S understand the sacrifice I am making for them.

2 comments:

Traci said...

No, really, this will be much easier than picking out lice! Trust me! :) And, switch to Diet Pepsi??? Yikes - don't say such a thing.

Moore said...

#9 would be awesome! I'd like that for me. Candy...you didn't even really "date" this guy. Dating implies more than what went on there. Maybe you really do like him. Otherwise this would not be a big deal. I believe you should ponder the possibility of hidden feelings. That is my free diagnosis.

RSS Subscribe