June 15, 2008

Weekend Fun

I tried to go to the movie yesterday. Tried is the key word. I met my friend Casey at the movies in Castleton on Saturday for a 1:30 showing of "The Happening". We got there in plenty of time to buy our tickets and get our free pop and popcorn (Thanks to a coupon that AMC had on the web in December when the theatre opened...some would say that I am obsessed with this coupon). As I walk over to load up my popcorn with butter that I do not need...the power goes out. I was feeling charitable so I took it easily and Casey and I found a seat and chatted for a while in hopes that the power would resume. In the 40 minutes that we waited it never did. The theatre gave us free passes for our next moves so we decided to waste some time in hopes that they would get the power back.

The second part of this story is that Casey has a dog with her. She is part of this program that trains dogs for people with disabilities. First the dogs are trained for several months in one of two local prisons (who knew that prisons did this?) then they go out with volunteers who train them in the real world for two weeks on things that they can't learn in prison...like going to the movies and out to restaurants. So we had this cute golden retriever with us. His name was Body and he was very well behaved...but he drew a large amount of attention to us everywhere we went. It is cool that she can take him to work with her and everywhere she goes. As you learn more about me you will find out that I am much more of a cat person than a dog person. So it is saying allot that I thought the dog was cute.

We ended up seeing the movie at 4pm. I don't know as I really liked it. There were large amounts of violence and gore. Then there was this big hype that the movie was to have a surprise ending...I didn't really get it. I didn't really see a surprise. The major way that I judge movies is weather or not I would see them again...This is definitely a no. I would not see it again.

I hope you enjoyed my first post. Thanks Emily for giving me this idea. I would like to have some future posts about my trip to India and Dubai in May and maybe China last year.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe