June 24, 2008

Lawn Ornament

Do you sometimes do something kind of weird at work and you know it is weird but you keep doing it? In an effort to eat more healthy I have been bringing my lunch with me to work. However, I don’t like to eat in the lunch room because I like to leave the building and experience the sunlight every day. So in an effort to accomplish both goals I have stored a camping chair in my car and I walk out to the parking lot to sit in my chair, eat my lunch and read during lunch most days of the week. I like doing it and I feel relaxed and rejuvenated (and sweaty) every day when I return from lunch but, now I feel like a lawn ornament. Many people who drive by me roll down their windows and wave and say hi. They see me in the hallways and comment to me that they see me sitting outside. It seams a bit weird and anti-social that I go out by myself everyday but I continue to do it. So those you reading this…do you think that I am being weird?

1 comment:

ems said...

Nope. I don't think you're weird in the slightest. Isn't there a grassy place where you can put your chair? If people ask why you do it, do you tell them? You should. It's a great idea. I'll bet that if you tell enough people, eventually you'll get a little following and then it will be a group of people outside - not just you :-)

RSS Subscribe