January 18, 2009

Comedy Night at Crackers

I belong to a group from meetup.com called Ladies Night. This is a group of ladies who like to do fun stuff together and is a way to make new friends. There hasn't been any events in a long time...I think since last fall and I was happy when one of the organizers decided to have an event this week at the Crackers Comedy club downtown. It was on Wednesday night which is ladies night at the club and all women get in for free.



Wednesdays weather was fairly dreary, it snowed in the morning and it took me an hour and a half to get to work. But, by the end of the day the roads were fairly cleared so I decided to drudge downtown to meet the group at 7:45. I was not prepared for parking when I arrive downtown and I decided to park in the garage next to the building since there wasn't any street parking available. When I pulled up the the attendant, I realized that I didn't have any cash so I had to write a check for the $5 parking. Apparently, this caused a bit of a traffic mess on Meridian as people waited for me to enter the garage.



I was not acquainted with any of the other ladies attending and that was nice to to meet some new people, consequently that is the purpose of the meet-up group. There wasn't very many people in the club on Wednesday night, I would say about 30 and it looks like the place holds about 100. As a bonus to it being so slow, every patron got a front row seat. The comedians were funny but it was a little off because the atmosphere was odd. With the room so empty, even when everyone was laughing, it still seamed like the jokes were bombing.

This is smoking facility and it appeared that 75% of the audience was enjoying this privilege. I don't want to sound like an old lady but I wasn't digging the smoke. They have a couple non-smoking performance each week but they are not on the free nights. So if I go back I will have to decide weather I care more for my lungs or wallet???? It will be a hard choice. BTW...I am fairly certain that the first comedian was high while he was on the stage and there was someone smoking pot in the room.

I would go again but it would be more fun with a full audience. I think that the atmosphere of a full audience adds significantly to the ambiance of the facility and therefore to my overall enjoyment.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe