January 1, 2009

Happy Frickin New Year

I left work on Tuesday and Wednesday evening with irritated, itching, watering and painful eyes. When I was playing games with my family on Wednesday night my right eye was painful so I decided to go to CVS to get some drops. I consulted the pharmacist and she thought that I have pick eye. As if....how could I get pink eye. She gave me some over the counter homeopathic eye drops but suggested that I see a doctor the next day.

I just returned from the urgent care center at Wal Mart with an official diagnosis of Pink Eye AKA...Conjunctivitis. As an added bonus my ears were clogged with ear wax and the nurse practitioner had to torture me for fifteen minutes squirting water into them to clean them out, just so she could see my ear drum. I was able to use my insurance there and only pay the $25 co-pay as well as get a $4 prescription.

The most expensive thing is that I have to replace all of my eye make up. That sucks but it was fun to shop for more.

I will be OK. But, how did I get it? What a way to start the new year!

No comments:

RSS Subscribe