January 2, 2011

Happiness in 2010

 I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite things about 2010.

1.       Biking



Wow...biking was AWESOME IN 2010.  I did things I never dreamed of doing.  Attending my first organized ride was scary.  I was afraid that I wouldn't fit in, and I didn't, but that didn't matter.  It was totally awesome and I was hooked.  I attended several events throughout the summer and I finished out the year with the Great Pumpkin Metric.  It was 66 miles of grueling uphill roads in hurricane force winds and the only reason I finished was because my head said I would.  I know that will be the key to a successful biking future, mental toughness.  BTW...I biked just under 2000 miles in 2010 and I hope to blow that out of the water in 2011.  I am already dreaming of ways I can ride my bike to work for my new job downtown.

2.       Books
I love reading and have since I was a teenager.  I read 29 books last year and these are a few of my favorites:
a.  The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
It won the 2010 Hugo award.
b.  Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein
c.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson




3.       Music
There were so many new to me bands in 2010 that it was hard to choose a favorite.  But when I looked at my iTunes history I saw that I listened to these two albums over and over again I knew they were at the top of my list.  I love discovering new music and different artists that appeal to me.  Thanks to iTunes for making it so easy...errr helping me spend so much money;)

a.  The Noyelle Beat by Standard Fare

b.  My Dinosaur Life by Motion City Soundtrack

4.       Friends

They were an important part of what made me happy last year.  Having good times and memories are what makes life worth living.  I am glad to have cultivated friendships with so many wonderful and special people.  I hope they feel the same about me.

2 comments:

ems said...

This blog is a great tribute to 2010! I had a lot of fun sharing last year with you and look forward to many more memories in 2011. :-)

Anonymous said...

So much for online anonymity. Apparently "Moore" is the center person in the first "friends" picture?

RSS Subscribe