March 18, 2011

Afternoon Break

I had the following conversation with my boss this afternoon.

B:  Can you take this check to the bank?
C:  Sure.  Would you like me to take it today?  (It was 3:30pm)
B:  No, it doesn't have to be today.
Boss thinks for a few moments...
B:  Sure, if you can go today that would be great.
C:  I don't mind.  I would be happy to take it over this afternoon.
B:  (He gives me an odd look)  That would be great.  Thanks!

I was all excited for my little afternoon outing.  I gathered my coat and phone and practically skipped out of the office.  I immediately called one of my friends as I entered the elevator to utilize my "free" time and as I got to the front door I saw that it was furiously raining outside.

Dun..Dun...Dun...

Damn...my boss bested me.  I thought I was getting a much needed reprieve from my desk and he used my enthusiasm against me.  *&$$**&  I knew I couldn't let a little (Ok...a lot) of rain prevent my afternoon break so I got my umbrella and started out again sans the skipping. 

Score 1 for the boss and score 1 for me!

No comments:

RSS Subscribe