July 25, 2008

Weekly Adventure

1st Adventure

I am fairly technically savvy and most people at work on my floor come to me for miscellaneous word, excel and outlook questions, but I had a very dumb moment this week. I received an email from one on our corporate officers giving us instructions to change our email signature to become uniform throughout the company. One of the specific instructions was to change our font to become 8 point. I went in there three times and I would change the field and save it but when I would start a new email it would become 10 again. I just couldn’t understand what was wrong. A few hours later B comes over to my desk to have a conversation in regards to the new changes. We were laughing over the absurdity of the entire thing when I explained to him my problem. You must understand that B is an older gentleman and he does OK on his PC but one wouldn’t consider him an expert. He asked me to open it up and look at it while I was making the change to see if he could help me figure it out. I never imagined that he would come up with the answer but I humored him. After I did it once and it didn’t work he asked me to open it again and he said, “Did you highlight the text?”. I felt so stupid. How could I not remember to highlight the text in order to change it’s appearance. I do it all of the time. We had a very good laugh over the whole thing.

2nd Adventure

Last night I arrived home late in the evening bout 9:15pm and I hadn’t had dinner yet. I was talking on the phone so I did some chores while I was talking and I didn’t finish up until 10pm. I was starving at that point but I had some leftover home made mac and cheese that I made on Wednesday night. I heated it up and sat down to watch Project Runway and enjoy my dinner. I had ate about ¾ of my portion when I noticed something in my mouth that didn’t feel like food. I pulled it out and I was very shocked to find a 1 inch piece of glass. I couldn’t think of where it came from. I just sat there wondering what to do. I was still hungry and it was so late, so I rationalized putting the glass aside and finishing my meal…I just thought that I had already consumed so much finishing wouldn’t matter. What is wrong with me…Why would I do that? Why wouldn’t I just through it away and be done eating. I must have been crazy last night. I also cannot figure out where the glass came from. Nothing has broken in my kitchen in quite some time. I used a new package of macaroni, a new package of cheese and milk. But I used some flower from a container on my counter. So I think that it either came from the macaroni or the flower. Weird!

No comments:

RSS Subscribe