September 11, 2008

Andrea is Awesome!

Due to the refrigerator debacle I went over my monthly cell phone minutes by $45. After endless (OK...I will admit it...) whining to Andrea about the cost of the overage she suggested that I call Sprint when I receive my bill. She had a friend who has had Sprint in the past and when they called about the overage minutes the customer service person removed the charges. I told her OK I would try, but I was feeling apprehensive and embarrassed. I knew the overage was my fault or Best Buy's fault but not due to a Sprint problem. I arrived home at 9pm tonight very tired after working 2.5 hours of OT and I decided to give them a call. I got the best customer service person. I gave him a brief story about the fridge problems and I simply asked if there was anything he could do for me in regards to the overage minutes. He spent some time reviewing my account and I think he was looking for chronic complaints and multiple account reversals. He also spent some time looking at my monthly minutes used and he was very impressed that I knew the exact time that I went over my minutes in the past, February 2007 (yes, I am on overly detailed accountant). He said since I was a customer in good standing, I paid my bill on time each month and I don't chronically go over my minutes he would be able to remove the entire overage cost. I was shocked, I thought he would perhaps split the amount with me or reduce it a bit. I never expected him to remove the entire charge. I was impressed with Sprint's customer service protocols. I guess that is why I have been a customer for four years.

Thanks Andrea for encouraging me to speak up!

1 comment:

ems said...

This is an old post, but I just wanted to comment because it stuck with me. What with the car accident, I was on my cell phone WAY over my minutes with the insurance company, the lawyer, my father, etc etc. I went over my cell plan by $184.57. Thanks to your post, I called AT&T and they forgave ALL of it. I so appreciate that AND your post. Without your post I never would have even asked. Thank Andrea for me to!!

RSS Subscribe