September 10, 2008

Dinner Venue



I went to this wild place for dinner on Friday night. As my blog indicates I have a very adventures side. I meet 3 friends about once a month and we go to dinner and have fun catching up and keeping up on each other lives. The interesting thing about our group dynamics is the large age gap of the members. One of the ladies is in her early twenties, one of the ladies is the same age as me and our birthdays are one day apart and the final member of our group is in her fifties. But we all seem to have things in common and have loads to talk about. I had originally suggested that we go to a comedy club on Friday night but after I discovered that it costs about $15 per person plus drinks and dinner I tried to economize and think of other ideas. If we went to the comedy club on a Wednesday night we could all get in for free. So this idea is still on the table. Anyway, since I changed my mind about the Comedy Club I tried to find us a different kind of place to go...and I sure did.

I did a yahoo search for local Indianapolis restaurants and I found the following link:




This is an individuals restaurant review website. They had a good review of a organic dairy farm called Traders Point Creamery and it looked interesting. I had never heard of this place before. It is located off of 86th Street just West of Zionsville. They have a dinner every Friday night that is made of all Organic ingredients. I thought to myself, why not...it looks interesting. I sent the web link to my friends and everyone agreed that it could be a fun place to go.


I arrived first on Friday night and I took a look around and I was a little apprehensive at first. It appeared to be just a big farm and I was nervous to eat there. They had a tent area set up in the front with various organic products for sale. They ranged from meat, dairy, and vegetables to soaps and honey. There were about 15 total vendors to choose from. It was fun to walk around and look at things while I waited for my friends.


Dinner was buffet style and was $15 and it included your meal and beverage choice. Every Friday night there is only one choice of meal and Friday it was:


We will be serving a Traditional English Cottage Pie made from 100% Organic, Grass Fed Beef and Fresh Vegetables topped with Creamy Mashed Potatoes. Our Vegetarian option will be Cottage Pie made from Tempeh and Fresh Vegetables, topped with Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
To accompany this delicious entree we will be serving an array of Roasted Organic Vegetables; Parsnips, Rainbow Carrots, Garlic and Onions and a Refreshing Organic Cucumber Salad.
All meals come with a choice of Lemonade, Iced Tea or Milk.


I don't normally like buffet food but it was piping hot and very tasty. I was disappointed because the website said that it included fresh Milk but it was not a choice when I was there. I would have never ordered this meal at a regular restaurant but I really enjoyed it. Everyone ate everything on their plate while we talked but we all agreed that maybe dinner wasn't quite a $15 value. However, I do know that organic food and produce is much more expensive that regular grocery items.


After dinner we walked around the farm a bit and found the organic ice cream stand. We all indulged and it was WONDERFUL. I loved it! The flavor of the chocolate was so very rich...I wish I was having one right now.


I am not sure that I would go to this place very often but it was a fun Friday night diversion.


This is the website if you are interested:




No comments:

RSS Subscribe