September 29, 2008

Roommate Update

I DID it

I finally got a roommate. I was feeling very discouraged yesterday when I hadn’t received a single phone call from the add I placed in the paper on Thursday, Friday and Sunday. I just kept thinking that it wasn’t going to happen. Then I got two calls in a row on Sunday afternoon and they both came for a chat. The lady I chose is older and is a grandmother. I don’t know her exact age but I would guess she is in her 50’s. She moved here from California to live with her daughter and son-in-law and to help take care of her 6 year old granddaughter and she talks allot. She said it wasn’t working out living with her family and she needs her own place. She was at my house talking to me for two hours. She works for the YMCA Kplus school program at a nearby elementary school. She gave me four references to call and one of them was her boss at the school. She told me that the employees are required to take a drug test and pass an Indiana criminal history report. The boss told me she would have her move in if she had the room. I then called her old boss from Florida and he left me a message that he would hire her back in a heartbeat and she was a wonderful person to be around. I haven’t received calls back from any of the other references yet.

I am excited yet cautious of this new development. I am glad finally have this resolved and I hope that it will be so uneventful that I will have nothing to write about it. Somehow, I doubt it thought. She moves in tomorrow night and I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

ems said...

Holy crap! You talked to her for the first time on Sunday and she moves in on Tuesday?! You really are spontaneous!

I'm glad to hear you found a roommate! Are you going to bring her to book club? :-)

ems said...

Nothing? No update? I've been checking daily!!!

RSS Subscribe