October 23, 2009

Ageing Gracefully

Last year I was pretty depressed about my birthday and I had a hard time for about three weeks accepting that I was getting older. I have never worried about those things in the past but it hit me bad last year. I am glad to report that I don’t feel like that this year. I am more accepting of ageing but it does make me sad that my face doesn’t look youthful anymore.

I was having dinner with a friend last Friday night and I was complaining about the tiny little lines around my eyes. She looked at me and rolled her eyes and said they were not noticeable but, I should probably get more sleep because of the large dark circles under my eyes. GASP! She told me I looked tired. She wasn’t being mean. I think she was trying to be helpful. She then asked me what time I go to bed at night. I sheepishly replied 1:00AM.

I would like to say that I am going to go to bed earlier but I really don’t believe that I am willing to change that habit yet. I don’t like being tired in the morning but I cannot go to sleep at night until I am completely exhausted. So does anyone have any suggestions for me to make my face or eyes look more youthful? Is there a magic cream for me. I currently use Proactiv face wash and on occasion I use some moisturizer. I do realize that moisturized skin looks better but I am not sure what to use.

I would love some feedback in this unfamiliar girlie area?

4 comments:

zlionsfan said...

It seems as though lack of sleep is affecting your life in a number of ways. Perhaps it might be good to look at the root cause?

Candace said...

The root cause it that I like to do too much stuff in one day.

Candace said...

Well, you know I have product you can try. I have 3 different types of eye
cream. I have one product I can give you samples of. You should come to
my debut party on Nov 7th or we can do a one on one if you prefer. I could
also just mail you the samples I have. Let me know what you think. I will
look up the names and descriptions for you and send you a separate email
with the details...and prices:)

LK

Anonymous said...

Most lotions are no good, you should put it on daily but don't spend money on what they say will be great. Put more antioxidants inside your body by eating them. Look that up and you will find most fruits have them. Let's see...you need to exhaust yourself so maybe working out harder could help or daily and maybe learning to meditate. Also if you work out to close to bed time that sometimes causes people to stay awake. Also if you cut back on your caffeine that might help. What are you doing so late? Maybe it is that activity and not that your body isn't tired just that your mind isn't interested in sleeping.

Also cold packs (frozen peas or something) on your eyes or 10 minutes or a cold rag or cold cucumbers etc. Cold decreases inflammation and blood flow. Ultimately you just need more sleep as I completely understand b/c we maintain a similar schedule so I definitely feel your pain!!!!


GH

RSS Subscribe