February 21, 2009

Back to the Future

I am a girl who loves classic 1980's movies. These are the movies of which I am the most familiar as I watched them incessantly in my childhood. I am very excited that the UA Galaxy Theatre in Fishers has decided to play a series of them in February, March and April. The first movie played this week, Back to the Future, and it is a particular favorite of mine. The experience was very similar to my childhood, it consisted of smuggled in Pop and Goobers from the gas station and and a wallet friendly $5 admission price.

The theatre is making these weekly movies a big deal by having a local radio station sponsor the events and having give-a-ways for answering trivia questions. It is all a bit cheesy but fun. The movie kept my rapt attention throughout it's two hour playtime and it was a fun and cheap outing with my friends. I was excited to see the theatre was about 75% full of excited patrons.

The theatre will be playing seven more movies in the upcoming weeks. The following is a list and I think I will be going to most of them. So if any of you are interested in having fun one evening let me know!

02/25/09 The Breakfast Club
03/04/09 Flashdance
03/11/09 Sixteen Candles
03/18/09 Gremlins
03/25/09 Ghostbusters (I probably will not see this as I saw it at the IMA this summer)
04/01/09 The Lost Boys
04/08/09 Grease

No comments:

RSS Subscribe