February 1, 2009

Bad Aunt Candy

My brother requested that I watch my two nieces on Friday night so he and his wife could go out with some friends. I picked them up on Friday night at 9pm after a scrumptious dinner at The Capital Grille and took them to my house. They were very excited to come over and immediately made a requested to watch the "fat person" show from my DVR. They were talking about The Biggest Looser, what a funny request from the six and eight year old. So I got us settled down in my bed to watch TV and eat some popcorn.



About fifteen minutes later Sarah began sneezing and her eyes got all red. She is allergic to the cats so she requested some allergy medicine. I told her that it was on the bathroom shelf. She held up one bottle that was brown and I shook my head and I told her it was a large fat white bottle. She took the pill and came back to my bed. About an hour later I put them both in the guest room for the night and I went to my bathroom and I got very scared. The big fat white bottle on the counter was Tylenol PM and not the Allegra.

Ooops...I freaked out. I drugged Sarah. I paced around the house for a bit to decide the best course of action. JoAnne had just arrived home and she read the bottle warnings and it said it should only be ingested for children 12 and over. That made me feel worse and I decided I better call my brother. I didn't want him to be mad but I wasn't sure if I should do anything. He answered his phone and just laughed after I described to him my story. He told me to relax and she would be just fine.



She was fine when she woke up in the morning. I asked her to get the bottle and I explained to her the difference. I guess I learned my lesson....always monitor the children. You would think I would have already learned this lesson. I guess it needs to be taught a couple more times.

This photo is from the fall of 2007 when we went camping in Tennessee. Aren't they super cute!

No comments:

RSS Subscribe