August 29, 2009

Cool New Poster and Top 25 Songs

A couple weeks ago I was on a bike ride with ems and we stopped by her boys place of employment so she could visit and so I could use the lavatory. There was a most awesome poster in the bathroom and I immediately LOVED it. When I came out I asked ems boy if anyone would notice if it went missing? I received an quick response that an APB would be called out to locate any missing poster. I guess that means that they love it too. When I went home I did a quick google search and found one on Amazon for $4.49 plus shipping. I quickly purchased it and it arrived at my house on Friday.

Isn't it AWESOME! It is the only wall decoration in my bedroom. As I was admiring my new purchase I began to think of music. As many of you know I have a great love of music. I enjoy listening to it live, in my car, on my bike and at work. As a matter of fact I usually listen to my IPOD an average of six hours a day during the week.

I looked at my ITUNES account to view my top 25 played songs. I thought it was an interesting list and I should share it with you. So here goes:

1. Lucky by Jason Mraz

2. Busted by Johnny Cash

3. The Bitch of Living by Spring Awakening Cast

4. Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash

5. Dark as the Dungeon by Johnny Cash

6. I Still Miss Someone by Johnny Cash

7. I'm Yours by Jason Mraz

8. Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash

9. Jackson by Johnny Cash

10. All that's Known by Spring Awakening Cast

11. Mama who Bore Me by Spring Awakening Cast

12. Mama who Bore Me (Reprise) by Spring Awakening Cast

13. My Junk by Spring Awakening Cast

14. 25 Minutes to Go by Johnny Cash

15. Make it Mine by Jason Mraz

16. Orange Blossom Special by Johnny Cash

17. Touch Me by Spring Awakening Cast

18. Party Hard by Bennie Man

19. Laura by Scissor Sisters

20. The Long Black Veil by Johnny Cash

21. The Wall by Johnny Cash

22. The Word of Your Body by Spring Awakening Cast

23. Rehab by Amy Winehouse

24. I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick

25. Live High by Jason Mraz

I find it interesting that they are few artists represented. I am not sure I would have said that Johnny Cash is my favorite singer, but after I see that 10 of the 25 songs (40%) are by him I think that the math speaks for its self. So the next time that someone asks me who my favorite artist is I will have to sheepishly reply, Johnny Cash with the disclaimer that I don't like Country music. I find that to be somewhat of a conundrum.

I am glad that Cheap Trick had a place on the list as well. Who couldn't love the classic 70's song. I remember having the Cheap Trick at Budokan album on cassette and listening to it in my early college years.

As many of my friends will remember I dragged them on a trip to Columbus, Ohio to see a performance of Spring Awakening in early 2009. I was immediately enamored with this musical and music when I saw it on Broadway in 2009. It still rates at the top of my list of Broadway musicals. BTW...the traveling show is coming to Cincinnati later this year or early 2010 if anyone is interested in seeing it for the first time or a second go around.

I would like to get responses back from my friends, and I guess any strangers who read my blog, of their top songs. Was there any surprises from what you though of as your favorite and what was the most played? Did we have any music in common? I am going to mark my calender to do this same blog next August and see how my playlist has changed.

BTW...as I was writing this I was listening to my newly downloaded Amy Winehouse album Frank. I had no idea until this week that she had recorded anything other than Back in Black. It is a great collection of music and she has a great voice. Perhaps she could layoff a bit of the heroin to record a new album.

4 comments:

Moore said...

On the topic of J. Cash, I like his cover of "Hurt". It is such an expected song from him. My response to that poster is the same as my response to that Spring Awakening song you seem to love so much, which is "How old are you anyway, 15?"

Candace said...

I don't normally listen to the album with "Hurt" because his voice was not so clear and fluid so late in his career. However, it is a good song.

Lou Schaefer said...

Well it seems my playlist goes like this:

1. JESUS MESSIAH, CHRIS TOMLIN
2. DECLARATION, DAVID COOK
3. LIGHT ON, DAVID COOK
4. COME BACK TO ME, DAVID COOK
5. LIFE ON THE MOON, DAVID COOK
6. SING SING SING, CHRIS TOMLIN
7. HEROS, DAVID COOK
8. GOD OF THIS CITY, CHRIS TOMLIN
9. MR. SENSITIVE, DAVID COOK
10. BAR-BA-SOL, DAVID COOK
11. I WILL RISE, CHRIS TOMLIN
12. LIE, DAVID COOK
13.I DID IT FOR YOU, DAVID COOK
14. PERMANENT, DAVID COOK
15. LETS GO CRAZY, HANNAH MONTANA
16. AVALANCHE, DAVID COOK
17. A DAILY ANTHEM, DAVID COOK
18. NO BOUNDARIES, KRIS ALLEN
19. THERE AND BACK AGAIN, DAUGHTRY
20. ALL THESE LIVES, DAUGHTRY
21. WHAT ABOUT NOW, DAUGHTRY
22. SORRY, DAUGHTRY
23, NO SURPRISE, DAUGHTRY
24. USED TO, DAUGHTRY
25. OVER YOU, DAUGHTRY


I was only slightly surprised by this list. Please keep in mind that HM is from my daughters and I DONT play this when they are not with me. The play count was 12 for that song.

Candace said...

I am not sure I believe you about HM....I think you secretly love her!

No wonder why we cannot compromise on music when we take car trips. Our tastes are from the opposite end of the spectrum.

RSS Subscribe