August 3, 2009

Zing Restaurant

I went out to dinner with two friends and a new acquaintance on Friday night to a newish restaurant in Indianapolis called Zing. It was divine. As most of you are aware I LOVE food and especially good food.

This was a modern restaurant that serves tapas type dishes with an infusion influence. Interestingly they change their menu every two weeks but my favorite dish has been on their menu since they opened.

Three of us shared the following dishes while we sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful Friday evening:

warmed goat cheese served with tomato

This was OK but it lacked a bit of flavor...I liked this option at Barcelona Tapas much better. They also didn't serve nearly enough bread with this item.

fried risotto balls stuffed with mozzarella and peas

Divine, mouth watering and a delight to eat. The sauce was very tasty and even though it was fried it appeared to be very light.

stuffed medjool dates with chorizosausage and bacon

This is my new FAVORITE food. I loved it and I could have eaten a second order of this myself. As it was there was four of them served and three of us eating...I was sure to grab the extra portion. I have thought about this all weekend. I would go back to the restaurant just to eat this again.

bombay turkey mini burgers withcurried onion, sliced jicama

This had tons of flavor and a nice spicy kick. I didn't even think about it being turkey as I was eating it. Who doesn't love a good mini burger.

grilled mahi mahi tacos with avocadocream, jicama slaw, cilantro pesto

This was good but in comparison to some of the other dishes it lacked a bit of a punch.

For dessert we shared bread pudding with fresh fruit and vanilla ice cream.

I don't normally like bread pudding but I sure cleaned my plate. It had loads of flavor and I enjoyed every mouthful. This was the right portion for the three of us to share. I like the Tapas restaurant concept because I always like to try so many different foods.

My total bill for these shared items including fountain diet Coke and tip was $27. I feel that was a fair price to pay for this up scale dining establishment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMMY! I am disappointed on your review of the goat cheese, i love that stuff.

GH

Anonymous said...

You and GH are so awesome. I am so glad she helped you feel better.

NE

RSS Subscribe