April 5, 2009

Why you should never purchase your fifteen year old daughter a sewing machine!

When I was hanging out with Nicole and her husband last night we had a funny conversation about our Junior High and High school attire. We reminisced about our brown Eastland shoes with the curly cue ends and our tight, straight legged jeans that were pegged at the bottom and the Guess Jeans. I never owned a pair! In addition to the confirming cloths I also had a bit of a strange style. For a brief period in my freshman year I decided I wanted to make my own cloths. I requested a sewing machine for Christmas and received a nice on in a wooden base. I then bought one skirt pattern and a variety of material and proceeded to make several skirts. Unfortunate, I wore these items out in public and I have photo documentation.



Please enjoy my walk through memory lane!



Take a look at that old bike. Doesn't it look allot like my current one?





I even wore this one on our summer vacation to Florida. I decided to pair it with a yellow T-shirt.



This is the infamous yellow jump-suit. Why did I ever buy this outfit. I remember purchasing it with my own money for $20. I LOVED it. I am sure my friends told me how horrible it was, but I am sure I didn't listen. BTW...I was fifteen in this picture.



I think that this was during a birthday party for one of my friends. I had received this Kodak instant camera the prior year for Christmas. It was one of my most prized possessions. Check out the giant curly hair. Yuck Perms!



Somehow, this is even worse. Why would I wear a red shirt and the red sox? It doesn't really match! I believe this photo was taken at our Junior High lock in. This is where we spent the entire night at the JH and played games, watched movies and stayed up all night with our friends. Our Freshman class was still located at the middle school.



Isn't this nice. The white eyelet skirt paired with the white eyelet shirt and white shoes. Do you notice how the trim on the skirt is not even. Homemade goods have so much character. Another homemade skirt, this time in multi-colored triangles. The dog's name was Shotzi AKA Duke. The entire family couldn't decide upon a name. My mom and brother called him Shotzi and I called him Duke. We never agreed upon anything. I loved him dearly!

3 comments:

ems said...

You're a braver woman than I am. I don't even want to look up my past fashion faux pas.

Candace said...

I am cool with being honest about the past Candy and I hope my fashion sense today far exceeds my past.

ems said...

It does. :-)

RSS Subscribe