April 16, 2009

Chat with a New Boy

I was talking to a new guy online on Wednesday night and this is a snippet of our conversation.

Jerry (10:07 PM): so have you met lots of men on the site yet?
Candace (10:08 PM): Some...but no one that I have chemistry with
Candace (10:08 PM): and you?
Jerry (10:09 PM): ok good to know..i have just met you only on the site so far
Jerry (10:09 PM): i think chemistry is also important to me
Candace (10:10 PM): How long have you been using match?
Jerry (10:11 PM): i used it for a couple of days then i decided to cancel my profile since i came across someone that captivated my heart
Candace (10:12 PM): do you think that is a bit much since we haven't met?
Jerry (10:12 PM): not really, it was just a good start

(Isn't this a wee bit crazy since we haven't met?)


Candace (10:13 PM): ok....have you ever used online dating in the past?
Jerry (10:15 PM): not really i just got introduced recently to the match by a friend who it worked for
Jerry (10:15 PM): and you
Candace (10:16 PM): I started about two months ago for the first time...I think for the same reason...I know several people who have great people this way.

(Ummmm...why did I just lie? It has really been five months....duh)


Jerry (10:19 PM): do you chat with other men on here?
Candace (10:20 PM): I have talked to different people in the past but I am not talking to anyone else right now
Jerry (10:21 PM): ok just thought being focus on one person at a time helps
Jerry (10:21 PM): are you a one man woman?
Candace (10:22 PM): yes...i think that is important
Candace (10:22 PM): and you
Jerry (10:22 PM): good
Jerry (10:22 PM): i'm one woman man
Jerry (10:23 PM): when i am with someone no other woman exsit
Candace (10:23 PM): ok...that might be a bit extreme
Jerry (10:23 PM): i focus completely on her
Candace (10:24 PM): ok.....

(Does this sound a little possessive?)

What do you think? Should I talk to him again?
Online Dating

6 comments:

ems said...

Yikes! He's coming on a bit strong. Maybe he's trying to be funny?

Anonymous said...

He is so not a good idea. Watch yourself.

Anonymous said...

I'd say talk to him, but maybe try and get him to talk about real stuff. He's probably just nervous?

CH

Anonymous said...

LOL…Everyone that you meet on this website seems a little off…What’s up with that?

Lou

Candace said...

I really don't think he was trying to be funny. Perhaps he just doesn't know how to talk to women. Or he really is crazy...I just don't know.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, I think there are some serious red flags going up on this one. I would be leary! Jeepers, he sounds a little creepy, like my ex-boyfriends kind of creepy. Way too possessive among other things!

GH

RSS Subscribe