April 21, 2009

Rejection Sucks!

Rejection Sucks! I was feeling all girlie and emotional yesterday over the large quantity of rejections I have received in April. This is in reference to my ongoing saga of online dating. Lately I have taken the aggressive stance. I have been sending emails to a variety of men in hopes that they might find me interesting and want to talk. That really hasn’t happened and my statics are not very good. I have sent 94 emails to potential man, I have received 13 outright rejections and the remaining 81 have ignored my emails. Out of the 94 emails, only 66 have been read. This is a 70% read statistic. (BTW...as I am writing this I am listening to "Someone to Love" by Fountains of Wayne, how ironic.)

In the first few months I took a fairly passive role. I randomly sent emails to people and really just waited around for people to contact me. Then it occurred to me that isn’t like me to wait for things to happen. I usually fight and work at what I want. So I did. This idea hasn’t worked either. Should I just post a fake picture of a beautiful woman?

I have met two different guys in person with no luck. I have had no kissing ;( I have been on four dates. I have had several IM conversations with different people. When is it going to work? I am trying to be patient, but as many of you know I lack a bit in this area. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could try meeting someone at church.

Lou

ems said...

I don't necessarily agree with church, but I do agree that the more exposure you have to different groups and activities, the more new people you'll meet. Do you play any sports that you could consider joining a league for?

Or how about this? I always thought I would do this if I didn't know the boy...

Anonymous said...

Are you using the same photo as your FB profile? If so, I'd just say change your photo. It sends the wrong message for dating.

DM

Candace said...

That website looks pretty cool, I will check it out more tonight at home.

Sports...I am not sure you have seen my coordination level...but it sucks!

I don't have the same photo but it is similar. It doesn't have the cat. I am going to work on that this weekend with Casey.

Anonymous said...

rejection does suck. Im trying to be optomistic but its hard. Id check out star trek conventions-dork heaven:) i think face to face is best, meeting people, but it can be tough. Guess you have mickey for now:)

CH

RSS Subscribe