July 12, 2009

Nutrition

Weekly nutrition update!

I feel that I did better this week and I was more in control of my food. I just bought a new digital scale at BB&B tonight so I will also include those weekly stats.

Weight Loss

I weighed myself last Wednesday at work and the difference between last Wednesdays and today's weight is 4 pounds, but it is a different scale and a different time of the day. I will start weighing myself on Sunday mornings to make it more consistent. BTW the term morning is variable for me because it meant 11:45 today. I had to rush to get ready for my biking adventure.

Monday 07/06

I didn't track my calories on Monday and most of the day was OK, but dinner included Papa Johns' pizza.

Tuesday 07/07

2440

Calories Burned
293 Mowing Lawn 36 Minutes
840 Biking 1 hour 43 minutes

Total 1133

Wednesday 07/08

1980 Calories

Calories Burned
290 Bike Ride
I didn't track but I took a 45 minute brisk walk at lunch.

Thursday 07/09

2115 Calories

Friday 07/10

1964 Calories
I ate out Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and snack. I was very happy to stay within my daily calories. I did have two vodkas and diet Cokes and I am not sure how many calories that included.

Saturday 07/11

I didn't track my calories for the day but it included a 10 inch Bazbeaux Pizza and a Tagalong blizzard from DQ.

Sunday 07/12

I am at 1100 calories but I still need to eat dinner. I am sure I will stay within my range.

Calories Burned

1741
3 hour bike ride
I was in my heart rate zone for 1 hour 52 minutes.
Max HR was 203 and the average was 149.

The lady at the gym said that the heart rate monitors have a accuracy rating of + or - 10%. So I either burned 174 more or less. But either way I feel like I kicked ass today. It was definitely a good bike ride. I only exercised three days last week and I would like to fit in one more day next week. I just need to add it to my socializing schedule.

3 comments:

zlionsfan said...

80-proof vodka is supposed to be about 65 calories per ounce (1.5 ounces per shot, and of course the amount in a drink can vary wildly).

Papa John's has pretty good nutrition information on their site. Basically, if you didn't get one of the specialty pizzas, just look up the type of meat you had, or if no meat, look up the cheese pizza. Most of the vegetables don't add that much in terms of calories.

I don't think time of day is as important as place in your routine: you should be fine weighing yourself first thing Sunday morning, whether that's 9 AM or 12:30 PM. What's more important is the night before: salty food, a lot of food, a lot of water, no food at all, etc.

Watch that 200 stuff. I like spiking my heart rate too, but you want to make sure that's an exception and not the rule.

Candace said...

I will watch the heart rate...i don't like it when it gets so high. It usually happens when I attempt large hills.

Anonymous said...

This is your voice of reason, be careful of the pizza and snacks. Tons of calories. :-(

NE

RSS Subscribe