March 25, 2009

Cats at Beef and Boards

What a stupid musical! How could it make so much money?


I went and saw the musical "Cats" at the Beef and Boards dinner theatre last Thursday (03/12) night and it sucked! I was not impressed with the venue, dinner or the musical. However, I did enjoy the company.


Dinner was the ultimate horrible gross typical nasty buffet! They had a small generic salad bar, BTW this was the best thing about the dinner. They had some carrots and mixed vegetables that looked as they had been cooked for the last twelve hours. They were definitely dead. They included three meat choices: baked salmon, baked chicken wings with mushrooms and roast beef that was in the oven for thirty years. The roast beef was so tough that I needed to add some cheese spread to make it palatable. Unfortunately, I have been to this venue a few time about four years ago and my current assessment of the food matches my memory.


So the food was bad, but I don't generally go to Beef and Boards for the food. In my prior experience I have LOVED the shows. I saw a performance of "The King and I" a few years ago and it was terrific. I have fond memories of that experience. However, I did not enjoy Cats.



I saw "Cats" in London in 2000 and I didn't really enjoy it then either. I just think that it is the show and not the actors. I don't think that the show has a point or even a story line. I just let my excitement over having a coupon cloud my memory of my prior experience with the show. The music is not memorable and doesn't hold any appeal. I would not recommend this show to anyone.



I now have a dilemma. Beef and Board is presenting "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" in August and this is one of my favorite 1950's movie's. I like the songs and story line. Should I go? I would like to see it but the food is so very BAD. Can I buy a ticket for the show only? What do you think loyal readers?

1 comment:

ems said...

You don't like CATS? Seriously?! I love that musical. It's one of my favorites. How can you not think that "Memory" is a memorable song?? I am speechless.

How much is your coupon for? I mean, if you have to pay for both dinner and the show, is the price worth just a show if you skip dinner and eat somewhere with food that's palatable?

RSS Subscribe