March 27, 2009

Worms Crawl In.....

I am not sure how many of you know this, but I am deathly afraid of worms. They scare the crap out of me! (This makes moorewrites fear of dogs seem normal.) I realize that it is irrational and the logical part of me knows that they will not hurt me but my emotional side takes over when I see them.

Spring has begun and my fear came to me full force this morning. I was taking my long walk from the parking lot to the building in the rain when it hit me! There were worms everywhere! They were creeping towards me, they were slithering and I know that they were trying to get up my pants leg to eat a hole in my leg and stomach. I began breathing fast and my heart was pounding. I wanted to run to the building for cover but I got paralyzed with fear and become unable to move. I eventually recovered and was able to self talk myself into proceeding toward the building and to safety, but I don’t understand my reactions.

It isn’t logical that I get so scared. I know that the worm is not going to get me but I cannot seem to help myself. As much as I LOVE spring and the sun shining I also cannot stand that it rains all of the time and brings forth the vile creatures. I don’t mind them if I cannot see them, you know out of sight out of mind.

Two years ago in the spring I came home after a long day and as I walked through the living room I discovered two worms having a party on the floor. I had no idea on how they got there, but I suspected that they crept into the garage and Mickey carried it back in on his last visit.

I am hoping for either a short or dry spring. Otherwise, I could freak out at any moment when I am with you outside.

BTW…I considered posting a picture of the worms but I cannot look at them. I don’t even like to eat food shaped like worms. YUCK!

2 comments:

ems said...

I don't really understand this fear at all. But then, I just replace the word "worm" with "cockroach" and it makes complete sense to me. I get it. No worms. If I see one, I'll kill it for you. Just remember to reciprocate if we see a roach...

Candace said...

OJ...you get the Worms and I will get the roaches. It sounds like a solid plan!

RSS Subscribe