March 18, 2009

Mauritius at the Phoenix Theatre

I really LOVE the Phoenix Theatre. They always have great productions and great stories. This theatre specializes in contemporary and independent productions. I have a season pass with my friend GH but she was unable to attend this month so I had to find another willing companion.

I thought of SH a friend from work, although, she is no longer employed at KBA. I thought it would be a fun thing to invite her to and to find out what is going on in her life. It was nice to reconnect and pursue a friendship with someone that I have so many things in common. She even lives in Noblesville near me, unlike most of my other friends who live far far away.

We meat at the Hamilton Town Centre mall at Houlihans for dinner. It was fantastic! This was the first time that I had eaten at this restaurant and I was impressed with their menu and their food. We ordered the Salmon Salad, Spinach dip and three mini desserts and shared it all. I especially enjoyed the salmon salad, it was very crisp and tasty.

This play was just fantastic! It was very suspenseful and the dynamic amongst the actors was very good. They worked really well together and had great chemistry. There was some dark areas explored in the story as well as loads of cursing. This doesn't bother me but someone who doesn't like cursing probably wouldn't like this theatre. I just appreciate that they try to make the characters real and interesting.

They even have bargain shows on Thursday nights for $15. Anyone who likes live theatre should go and see this play.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe