November 25, 2008

Couch Antics

On Sunday night I was doing some work on my laptop that involved a large amount of numerical data entry. This is a difficult task on a laptop because the numbers are above the letters. I have a wireless ten key attachment for such occasions so I decided to get up and get it to make the work easier. The ten key attachment was where I left it on the top of my dresser but the piece that plugs into the USB port was missing. You can’t use it without this piece so I began my search. I looked all over the top of the dresser, behind the dresser and in the dresser drawers. It was no where to be found. I got on the floor and looked under the bed and around the garbage can…then under the couch. It just wasn’t where I left it. I have to say that I usually don’t loose things…it is easier to not loose things since there are not any children that live at my house.

I was getting mad! I then decided to look on the couch and under the couch cushions that are in my room. Sparks was sitting on the couch so I gingerly lifted up the cushion he was sitting on to peak under it and I was disgusted. There was a ton of crap under the cushion. I couldn’t just ignore this mess so I disrupted Sparks and moved all of the cushions off of the couch. I found 10 pens….how could I loose 10 pens in the couch. I guess I just kept getting a new one. I found a pair of scissors…Whatever! I found berets and rubber bands and LOADS of crumbs. I put my hand in the side of the couch and I came back with a fistful of crumbs. How could there be so much food residue in the couch. I know I sit on it and eat…but REALLY I am an adult…I didn’t think that I spilled so much stuff. I got out the vacuum and gave the whole area a through cleaning. I honestly cannot remember the last time that I cleaned the inside of the couch. Probably when I moved into my house 4.5 years ago. I don’t think that I am a dirty person…I do spring cleaning stuff. Just a couple months ago I moved all of the furniture in my bedroom and vacuumed the baseboards. I guess I will have to add this to my cleaning repertoire.

The bad thing is I NEVER FOUND THE THING I WAS LOOKING FOR! The ten key attachment piece is gone. I guess the kitties have a secret hiding place for these items. Whatever! Hint Hint Hint…I might need a new one for Christmas ;)

No comments:

RSS Subscribe