November 23, 2008

Christmas Decorations

I decided to put up my outside Christmas decoration on Saturday. Lou came over with Wyatt, Sarah and Paige to help me. Since, I am too scared to climb up the ladder to the attic; we made that our first task. I have never gone up there and I don’t ever want to. I don’t think that I am afraid of heights but I know it would REALLY HURT to fall out of the attic. We brought down about ten boxes of inside and outside decorations, it seamed like a lot for one person. It has been three years since I have put up any decorations and it felt a bit like shopping because I had purchased some outside clearance items in the prior years that I have never hung up or used. Last year I was very stressed with school and I didn’t have the time, energy or the patience to make an effort. Then the year before that (2006) we decided to go to Florida for Christmas and I was also in school so I thought why bother, since I wasn’t going to be home anyway.

It was very cold on Saturday afternoon…when I looked at my temperature widget it said it was 27F degrees. I bundled up in a coat, scarf and gloves and tried to suck it up and not complain because it was nice to have help with this task. Lou had brought a glass of diet coke outside with him and it kept freezing over. I don’t think he was very happy about that. The children were surprising cheerful to help us with this task outside. I guess it was fun for them to hang out in the cold. I let the children place the lawn decorations…I think that they did a very good job.

I love driving home when it is dark and seeing my house all lit up and sparkling. It really puts me in the Christmas spirit.

Let me know what you think?

This is a little lit up tree in the yard.

The moving penguin.



Aren't the lit up gift boxes and candy cane's cute?














Lou was very proud of himself when he hung these lights.





I know it is fuzzy but it really shows off the colors.


















I wonder if Joanne is having any trouble sleeping with all of the lights in the front yard since they are directly in front of her bedroom window.






No comments:

RSS Subscribe