November 18, 2008

Spock-Lizard Expansion



The Big Bang Theory

OK…This is my ultimate favorite TV show. I just love it. I laugh and laugh and laugh during the entire 22 minutes…my roommate frequently asks me what is so funny and why am I laughing so hard in my room. If you haven’t seen the show the premise is about two nerdy guys who are roommates and the funny nerdy things that they do while they try to live their life. Last nights episode was especially funny. Wolowitz picked up a girl in a bar and lured her away with the promise that she could drive a vehicle on Mars. Since he works at a Cal Tec he has access to this equipment and while he is entertaining her he drives the vehicle into a hole and it gets stuck. He asks his friend Leonard to take the girl home and when they get their they start to make out. This is very funny as Leonard is a very nerdy guy who has trouble with girls. The whole interaction was extremely humorous and amusing.

The secondary part of the show was there was some debate on a subject and the three guys decide to use rock, paper, scissors to make the decision. Sheldon come up with some reason that says they need to diversify the game and add two new throws into it…Spock and Lizard. It is now called rock, paper, scissors, lizard and Spock. I almost fell out of my bed laughing at the absurdity of the situation. Spock is signified by using the live-long and prosper gesture, and Lizard, fingers and thumb facing the opponent in a sock puppet gesture. The game is played like this…Rock beats both lizard and scissors, Scissors beats lizard and paper, Spock beats Rock and scissors, Paper beats rock and Spock, and Lizard beats Spock and Paper.

So maybe my explanation is not as funny as the original show but you must try it out! It is hilarious!

No comments:

RSS Subscribe