November 12, 2008

Desk

Sunday I decided that I needed to sell the desk in my office at home because I never use it. I got this desk about six years ago free from work and I was happy that it was still in such good shape. I was glad to have it at the time but now that I have a laptop I never use it. It is just easier to use the laptop while I am sitting in bed or in the kitchen. Sitting in my home office seems so stuffy and I really want to redecorate that room to become a library with built in bookshelves. Maybe one day when I don't travel so much I can save my dollars.

So, I put an add on craigslist and had a few responses right away. I listed it for $30 and the person didn't even try to negotiate. I was very excited. She came over today and it was a bit of a debacle. The large portion of the desk just wouldn't fit through the door. We tried it several times but we couldn't get it out. We (and by we I mean the lady that I sold it to) decided to take the door off of it's hinges. Theoretically, it should take some light tapping from the hammer to remove the pin. This wasn't my case. They were really wedged in. We just couldn't remove the last one. We ended up unscrewing the hinges. I guess this should have been our first action...but you know hindsight.

I was surprised that the lady was willing to go to all of the trouble for the desk. I hope she enjoys it at home.

Wish me good luck on my next batch of craigslist castoffs!

No comments:

RSS Subscribe