November 23, 2008

Spike Heels

Friday night I met a friend for dinner and to see a play at the University of Indianapolis. We went to see Spike Heels by Theresa Rebeck.

This is the schools description of the play-

Studio Theatre
Pygmalion goes awry in this contemporary comedy which explores sex, power, and the possibility of a four sided love triangle. The combatants are a sexy, volatile young woman and three upscale Boston types: a writer, a lawyer and a fiancee in sensible shoes.


I really enjoyed this production. There were only four actors and they had great chemistry together. This was about a lower class girl trying to make something better of herself and how to deal with these two new men in her life and one of the men's finance. The F bomb was dropped practically every other word but it was fitting to the characters and story. Sometimes when I go to these productions at the school you never know what you are going to get. The first one this year, Into the Woods, was just awful. The acting was mediocre and the play itself left much to be desired. I am glad that Spike Heels was so much better. BTW...the lead actress wore five inch heels through much of the play....WOW...I am glad that wasn't me.

Speaking of shoes I had an interesting observation while I was people watching at the school. There was a group of about six girls together and they were all dressed alike in jeans and high heels of various bright colors. Is that the style now...am I missing something. I guess I NEVER wear heels when I wear jeans...to me it is either a sneaker or boot outfit.

1 comment:

Moore said...

Yes, that trend is in again now but I won't be trying it anytime soon....even though it would make me look like I weigh less than I do.

RSS Subscribe