November 3, 2008

MY FRIEND COKE

Last week I decided in my endeavor to loose weight and to become healthier that I would give up all forms of pop. A few months ago I gave up artificial sweetener and that has gone well but I had noticed a gain of about 7lbs in the last few months due to the extra sugar in my diet. Today I think I am finally past the withdraw symptoms. The first day was last Thursday and I was ok the entire day but I don’t think that my body realized what I was going to do to it.

Then Friday was here. BAM! I could hardly do anything all day. My brain wouldn’t focus and I was unable to concentrate. I tried to compensate by eating loads of Halloween candy but it didn’t seem to have the same effect. Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year and I felt like I was just going through the motions all day. I had plans to meet my brother to go trick-or-treating with him and all of the kids, but I just didn’t feel much enthusiasm the entire night. I just wanted to stop moving and sit!

Saturday was better and I took a long hike again at Fort Ben but I still lagged on energy the rest of the day. Sunday was more of the same.

BUT TODAY IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!! I feel more like my normal self. I am able to sit and concentrate for my normal amount of time (on a normal basis this isn’t long to begin with). I am not having any residual headaches or blah feelings. Maybe I made it past the COKE addiction. Only time will tell.

Is it cheating if I buy carbonated water and add flavoring to it…ie…cool aid mix ins or fruit?

No comments:

RSS Subscribe