June 28, 2009

Bloomington Fun






I took a trip to Bloomington on Saturday with four of my friends. It was fun to spend so much time with them and talk. Nicole planned the entire trip from where we were going to eat lunch and dinner to our visit to Oliver winery.



These are just some fun snippets of our day.



I was in control of the car music the entire day! I loved playing things that I liked for my friends. However, I am not convinced that all of my friends liked my choices. There was an incident with one of them putting on their own earphones on the way home.


I used Saturday as my diet cheat day and it was glorious. It included a hero sandwich from a Greek restaurant, multiple wine tastings, local grape pop from the winery, a steak and potato dinner and half a piece of chocolate cake. I was in food heaven all day. I am back on track today and am at 2075 calories for the day. BTW...this week I will just send one email with my weeks progress.


We were on the grounds of the winery in these photo.






While we were at the winery I encouraged everyone to stand on top of a picnic table for a photo opp. Ems thought we all should be in Charlies Angles poses. It was a good time, but it took a bit of time to set up and the patience of the stranger taking the photo.

Emily having fun in the backseat of the car.





There were some very angry Geese on the winery grounds that were intent on attacking us. Thankfully, I made it past them safely.


There was a car tour of the IU campus and it was beautiful. The campus itself looked very different than the campus that I grew up next to in Ohio (BGSU).


My dinner tasted magnificent but there was some confusion on my check. I ordered the $14.95 steak medallions and when I received my bill I was charged for the $28.95 steak meal. I guess the server was confused as to what I was ordering. I don't know why she was confused as I was very precise and clear as to my order. I convinced her to reduce my bill but she only ended up giving me a 20% discount. It was way more than I intended to spend for dinner.


We were walking down the street shopping in the afternoon. I am not sure why I appeared to be crying.

We visited an antique store and Ems tried on this Mink Stole. It fit her perfectly.



We had a great time on our trip and I am looking forward to more this summer.

3 comments:

ems said...

I guess I should have explained that the rules in Emily's car state the following: "The person sitting shotgun shall be in charge of the music for the entirety of the time in the car."

I'm still bummed that we put the short one in the middle of "Charlie's Angels." I was reaching SO HIGH!!!! :-)

Nicole said...

Yeah!...yay!...yea!...ya!, however you're supposed to write out that exclaimation, I'm glad that you had a good time. I especially like the picture of all of us at the restaurant, even though it looks like Diane is trying to escape:).

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Bloomington. Heard it was a cool town. My fraternity was actually founded at IU.

NE

RSS Subscribe